Middesk's Industry Classification (IC) product is an enterprise-grade, scalable solution for discovering what every business makes and sells. With a single request, Industry Classification retrieves the web presence of a business entity, extracts and analyzes its content, and leverages a proprietary machine learning model to determine the industry of a given business.
On top of flagging businesses operating in prohibited/risky industries, Middesk's Industry Classification provides full coverage across all of North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes at the 4-digit level, and equivalent Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes.
- Note: we are able to classify businesses across all 4-digit NAICS codes, but the confidence of the response is dependent on the inputs that the model receives.
There are two versions of Industry Classification for customers to choose from:
At a high level, the product is designed as follows:
- A customer passes Middesk a business website either through the Middesk Dashboard, Business API or Industry-only Order API.
- Upon receiving the website, Middesk aggregates the web content associated with that website, collecting information across numerous pages of the site.
- Middesk sends the aggregated web content to a proprietary machine learning model to develop a set of classification label predictions.
- Middesk returns this full set of label predictions to the customer through the Dashboard or via webhook.
- The output is dependent on the version of IC that the customer has opted into.
Updated about 1 month ago
Check out the detail list of categories (both High-Risk and Premium) in the following page.